Tuesday, April 15, 2003

It's evillll...

I'm reminded of the last scene in "Time Bandits" when the little kid tries to warn his parents not to touch the "evil" remains of the exploded "bad guy"...something to the effect of "don't touch it...it's evil!" But, of course, they touch it and they explode (or something)...forgive me but it's been a while since I've seen the movie. In EG - 1 I explored evil in a very minimal sense. Sure, Senator Monical is bad...the Jade scientists are bad...but that's just it...every one of the "bad guys" in the first book aren't really evil, just...BAD...some are very, very bad. But none are pure evil! That is something that I explored in EG - 2. However, as I rework the rough draft, (and one certain painting...Justin, I think you know what I'm talking about) I am finding that one character is pure EVIL. It is quite interesting seeing this character as EVIL and not just BAD. There is, I feel, a significant difference between the two...and that can be very...scary, dramatic and...well...scary!!! I'll let you in on more later.

No comments: