Tuesday, August 09, 2005


Someone asked what HOPE was about...I thought I'd give a brief description (without spoilers) of each story. JOURNEY, BEYOND, REPERCUSSIONS and RETURN are all stories about Michael Connelly and his "Journey". A more descriptive...Description, will soon be posted at the site...ICONS is actually the first in the entire EG saga...right now it is merely five pages long and most likely destined to be a graphic novel...it sets up events that take place in BEYOND...but it actually takes place during the Italian renaissance...I have a drawing of the characters and will post it soon...FIRST GATES was written during a one month period of coffee induce speed writing two years ago. There is a site that encourages one month of writing (November) and there is a challenge to bang out a novel with a certain, insane word count. I was ahead of schedule most of the way, but then, with only five days left, I awoke one morning with a cold that trashed me until Christmas break...the story (horribly written) involves a young girl in High School who discovers that there is a portal in her closet...early Entropy gate stuff...the book actually takes place in the 80's and 90's as it tracks her from New Haven High School to the University of Saint Francis to Bowling Green...I went to all of those places and even make a cameo...man was I drinking WAAAAAYY too much coffee...I don't know if it will ever get edited...it's that bad...I might just rewrite the entire thing from scratch...DARKNESS AFTERMATH is best described here...and finally, the HOPE...It's hard to explain really because what it does is answer all of the questions that are raised and hinted at in the entire series...it's sort of the background, subtext, hints and allegations, secrets, truths and yadda, yadda of the series...if you have had the opportunity to read JOURNEY or BEYOND, then you know that the HOPE is the name of the doomed ship that...well...is responsible for many of the problems that Michael encounters...there...vague enough for you?
P.S. The sandwich...has nothing to do with Entropy Gate...I just made it for lunch the other day, ate the whole thing and was unable to do any writing or editing because I was about to explode...

1 comment:

zzzzz said...

That is one delicious looking sandwich.