Thursday, August 11, 2005

Editing is an interesting process…what I hate is the time consumption…time I could spend telling new stories instead of rehashing old ones…however, as I was editing today, I recalled a frequent comment…most people said (regarding my book) "once you get into it, it really moves and is hard to put down…" (or some such thing.) I always focused on the latter part…but I’m realizing that there is a lot of excess in the first part of the book that really DOES slow the reader down…I’m cutting out anything that seems to slow down the story…the manuscript was 154,500 words…I’m a little over half way through part one and it’s down to 135, 655…I actually can’t wait to go back and read it once it’s done…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its a great read....but I bet tightening it up this way will improve it! I can't wait to see the edited version.

Ken