Thursday, May 01, 2003

That's gross...

I can still remember the first time that I saw images from the movie ALIEN. There was an article in our local news paper that said something like "is it too scary?" Well, for a young kind in his early teens, the answer was YES!!! To this day, it has been the only movie that ever gave me bad dreams...well, that and the WIzard of Oz. I know, most people love that movie, but Dorthy is the scariest thing on film...far scarier than the green witch. But I ramble...ALIEN! Yes...it was scary and it was very gross...just the other day I saw something far more disgusting than the chest-busting H.R. Giger creatures. I saw a TICK! So what, big deal...you might say. But let's think about it for a moment...here is a creature that burries it's head inside of another organism and breaths out of it's tail pipe (or so I've heard). There it was, imbedded in someone's head and it fell on me to remove the nasty little bugger. I won't go into details...

So...what does THIS have to do with Entropy Gate? Well, right now, as I edit, I have been reworking several key portions of the story that involve EVIL characters...(possible minor spoiler ahead)...the second book deals a lot with EVIL (not just badness, but raw, pure, uncooked, caffine free EVIL). Well...where does evil originate? Could it be...satan? Yeah...I think so. Now words like "demonic possession" conjur up all sorts of images from good and bad movies...but I wanted BEYOND to take the matter seriously...the villains (though I don't ever actually use the word Villain to describe anyone) are under demonic influence and are EVIL.

So...uh...what does all of THAT have to do with the earlier paragraph where I wrote about ticks and aliens? Glad you asked. As I watched this horrid little thing with its squirming legs and its head burried inside of it's host's scalp, it reminded me of the idea that the "spirits" of DARKNESS are parasitic in nature and that they inhabit bodily forms much like the alien in ALIEN and the tick...

Ohhhh...I still don't see why this was a blog entry...

Because! Okay, I'll 'splain a little better than that. This entry was posted as a WARNING to those who plan to continue reading the Entropy Gate saga (love that word). In BEYOND, things get ugly, scary and...ugly. EVIL ain't a pretty thang, kids.

nuff said.

No comments: