Monday, April 28, 2003

Your mind is a Blender...don't hit the frappe button

I often look at the human mind as a blender of sorts. We constantly dump stuff into it (music, images, conversations, tastes, smells (though not in my case as I have no sense of smell) touch sensations...you name it. It all floats in the brain/blender where it gets mixed up...some stuff floats to the top and spills out of our mouths as things we wish we would not have said, while other stuff drops to the bottom and we have to dig deep into it to discover the tasty morsels. Some artists are content with scooping the stuff off of the top and they have some very "surface" oriented imagery or writings...others dig deep and try to be careful not to engage the blender whilst digging therefore loosing "fingers" in the process. The stuff at the bottom, the deep stuff, is sometimes the best part of the mix. Other times it's the garbage that is so "heavy" (read bogus) that it merely sinks to the bottom. Still, other times it can clog the blades, overheat the engine and poof(!) you're in the loony bin. The stuff in the middle is just random thoughts and ideas that aren't necessarily anything too deep or too light...they are the thoughts and memories and ideas that are constantly swimming about in our mind...they make us what we are and add to (or take away from) our personality. Anyway, that was going through my head and I thought I'd post it before I accidentally hit frappe and lost the whole analogy.

I know...this has nothing to do with Entropy Gate...or does it? Okay...I'll get back to editing...

No comments: