Tuesday, September 12, 2006

It's raining...and I mean RAINING! Anyone who knows me knows of my 'condition'...and I've blogged about it before. When there are long periods without rain, I get REALLY depressed. Fall is my favorite time of year and nothing makes me happier than to hear rain pouring down outside while the leaves are turning...okay, the sound of my son laughing or my other son playing the trombone (hang on...another story re: that soon to follow) or my wife's voice...those moments are totally cool...but the rain...I need it too...last summer we had a NO RAIN...okay...we had some, but not much. It depressed me so much (I'm serious, too much sunshine makes me really depressed) that my lovely wife (I'd honestly die with out her) bought me a CD of thunderstorms and told me to listen to the sounds with the blinds closed in my studio...it helped. This year she bought me a fountain that sounds like rain...So...where was I going with this? Um...Oh, yeah...the drawing I'm working on for the University of Saint Francis Faculty/Alumni show is almost done. I'll post it here when it's ready to be framed. The rain was a real inpiration this evening as I was finishing it up. Okay...time to head on down stairs and watch my wife master LEGO STAR WARS for PLAY STATION.

No comments: