Thursday, August 24, 2006

part 3

Q: This just as a side note, you said that Jean Reno would be David. How about Michael or Chen?

A: Michael has always been a bit vague in my mind as far as actors go. As far as Chen? Perhaps Lucy Lu. She can be commanding and venerable.

Q: When you start writing, do you know the whole story?

A: I know the beginning and the ending. The middle is always a bit fuzzy. It’s fun to take the characters to strange or emotional or dangers areas and then see how they’re going to get to the end of the story.

Q: It was suggested that you need to trim down the story.

A: By a third.

Q: Yes. How is that going?

A: (not the original answer since I have done that already) It was hard at first because it’s A THIRD OF THE BOOK! But I managed, as I posted here. I’m so much happier with the new version.

Q: What comes after Entropy Gate? More Science Fiction?

A: I have several ideas…but the EG series is quite intense at times and I’d like to write something that my wife might read. I’ve worked a bit, in my mind, on a Romantic Comedy called ARTIST’S KNIGHT.

Q: Romantic…Comedy?

A: So shoot me.

Q: Last Question. New last question, actually. Is Entropy Gate just a guy thing?

A: I’ve actually had a lot of positive feed back from women. In fact, one of the neatest compliments I received was from a lady who accused me of having my wife write the conversations between Abigail and Michael. That was cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for finally posting my interview. Glad to see you're still going strong.