Sunday, September 05, 2004

1. Star Trek influences
2. Star Wars worries
3. Two Samurai
4. and a prayer request.

1. M. L. Rigdon (friend and fellow author) gave me some great advice. For those of you who have read EG - Journey, you may have noticed that Chen seems to be competing with Captain Kirk for dangerous stunts...M pointed out to me that most commanders would not be doing that. They would send out their underlings to dispatch the bad guys and so forth. I always knew that Chen was doing these dangerous things to compete with her "legendary father", but no one else on board the ORCA seemed that worried about her actions. I have inserted two new sections where Derek Shelby confronts Chen on her actions and she tries to defend herself.
(spoiler alert)
It makes far more sense, then, that Derek would insist he go to the mystery QUANTUS ship that has been following them.

2. I've been bouncing around on the net reading various reports re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith. I found some interesting photos of a badly burned Anakin that were rather graphic...this, however, was not my worry. There seems to be an awful lot of chatter about the Wookies in this movie. My biggest complaint about Return of the Jedi (which originally was titled Revenge of the Jedi) was the fact that teddy bears helped wipe out the Empire. I really hope that G.L. has abandonded the "cute-factor" for this movie. If we have wookies swinging through trees, howling like Tarzan as they dispatch the bad guys, well, that would be about as dumb as "Greedo shooting first"...oh wait...that did happen...

3. Saw THE LAST SAMURAI. Loved it! Top notch. Read THE SAMURAI by Shusaku Endo. Loved it! Read also SILENCE, by Endo. Fantastic books!

4. Say a prayer for my Uncle Jerry and his family in Florida. U. J. has left comments on my blog many times so some of you may know who I'm talking about.

No comments: