Friday, August 20, 2004

RAIN MAN?

Okay, what's going on with me? Ever since I can remember I've always liked storms. As a child I use to watch storms with my dog Mindy. I enjoyed rowing our small boat on my paren't pond during high winds and thunderous cloud bursts. I even bought a CD of rain storms anout eight years ago. When I didn't have a TV after college, my most entertaining evenings were those spent in my small, one room apartment watching thurderstorms. So...it seems I have this thing for storms...One of my favorite scenes in Babylon 5 is when Sheridan is telling Dellen that as a young man in the academy he couldn't sleep until his father sprayed water on the roof from a hose so that it sounded like rain...my Entropy Gate stories have a great deal of rain in them as well, especially Entropy Gate - Beyond...

During my last year at work I found that I was depressed most of the time...on those rare ocassions when it rained I actually was able to come up out of my depression...now, strangely, it seems like extended periods of sunshine depress me.

Yeah, I know, weirdo! Or maybe not. Thoughts? Input? Suggestions?

No comments: