Thursday, March 20, 2003

Time warp...I guess

It's been a while since i posted anything and that is due mainly to the fact that this weekend I am having one of my plays performed at the Fort Wayne, Indiana Theater House, the EMBASSY. It's the same show as last month "Dr. Watson's Amazing Detective School"...but in a much larger, more professional venue. I am both excited and nervous. So what's new? Well, one of my students (Fro) lent me the six volume set of AKIRA. I'm on vol. 4, which has 394 pages of black and white illustrations, and I am totally into it!!!! The link above will take you to the movie site...but the six volume set of graphic novels is just incredible. Every award that it was nominated for, it won. Katsuhiro Otomo is a master story teller and the movie (though incredible) is like a spec compared to the world of AKIRA in print. I first saw the movie back in grad school at an animation fest. I was blown away. It totally changed my line of thinking re: story telling. I feel a rebirth of sorts now that I am reading the graphic novel. It is just amazing. But I ramble. Aside from the reading, the EMBASSY (and all that goes into that) I have also been editting and creating new artwork. I just reworked the Senator Monical painting and a rendition of Silla that I am very pleased with. So I've been busy. And another thing...I mentioned before (and someone asked) about Allesandro Bavari...the Italian CG master who had a one man show at the University I teach at...well...he wanted a copy of my book and yet he had no American dollars...so he just offered a trade...he is sending me a box set of his art work in post card form in exchange for my book...we did the dollar to euro exchange and I am getting the better end of the deal...I've decided to include a copy of my music as well...okay...time to make artwork...

No comments: